- £18,000 - £23,000 Per Annum
AJ Chambers are currently recruiting for a Top 10 practice based in Guildford who are seeking an Accounts Assistant.
They have 8 partners and 80 staff the Guildford office and draws on a wide variety of financial and business expertise to provide a comprehensive range of accountancy and financial advisory services to both corporate and private clients.
Purpose of the role:
Accurate processing of client’s financial data and assistance with the preparation of management accounts and other outputs, within the time frame agreed with the client or required by statute.
• Prepare and input client transactions onto computerised ledger systems.
• Reconciliation of sales and purchase ledgers.
• Reconciliation of bank accounts on software.
• Preparation of quarterly VAT returns for review.
• Preparation of quarterly VAT/EC Sales list returns from financial information supplied by client for review.
• Assisting with the preparation of annual financial statements, including statutory accounts, partnership accounts and sole trader accounts for tax purposes.
• Attending to client administration including engagement letters and billing processes.
• Accuracy – to ensure transactions are processed correctly.
• Judgement - be able to assess a situation and reach a suitable conclusion based on the information available or ask a manager where unsure.
• Planning and organisation - needed throughout the process to ensure deadlines are met.
• Client focus - develop relationships and gain client’s trust. Ability to attend to client queries and emails on a timely basis.
• Use of IT – be able to work on bookkeeping packages and Excel.
• Teamwork – working with colleagues in the team.
• Flexibility – to assist with other ad hoc services that arise from time to time.
Key Experience / Skills:
• Prior experience of computerised accounting packages would be advantageous.
• Prior experience of working with Microsoft Office suite.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team.
• Results orientated to meet and exceed client expectations, with a key focus on delivering high quality work that consistently meets internal and/or external client deadlines.
If you are interested in the role offered or would like to know more, please apply direct or contact Ben Bennett at AJ Chambers.