- £18,000 - £25,000 Per Annum
AJ Chambers are currently recruiting for a leading independent firm of Chartered Accountants based in Croydon who are seeking an Accounts Assistant/Bookkeeper to join their rapidly growing team.
This reputable firm has a friendly professional environment with offices located within easy reach of local transport links.
This is an excellent long term opportunity for a capable individual, looking for variety offered by a general practice firm who is looking to play an integral part in the on going development of this expansion of the business and of its owner managed clients.
• Confident all round bookkeeping & vat return & reconciliations experience
• Preparation of self assessment tax returns (understands taxation & HMRC requirements)
• Strong confident communication skills (Written & Verbal)
• Confident in liaising with clients and third parties queries
• Working experience of Xero; Quickbooks ; Taxation Software
• Confident with MS Excel; Word
• Assistance with ad-hoc project/work as required of a small business
- Minimum of 3 years accountancy practice experience
- All round accounting skills
- Nearing completion of AAT
- Organisation, prioritisation and attention to detail skills;
- Numerate and have a passion for working with numbers and ability to interpret these;
- Confident communicator with a professional attitude and manner with clients; staff and visitors
- Work both unsupervised as well as part of a small team.
- Well presented, punctual and good telephone manner
- A 'can do’ attitude with the desire to help progress the business
- Willing to work additional hours during peak periods.
For more information on this role, please either apply directly or contact at Ben Bennett at AJ Chambers. If this role isn’t for you but you do possess many of the requirements then please do get in contact with us, as we may be able to offer a more suitable role.