- £45,000 - £60,000 Per Annum
Accounts Assistant Manager – Esher
AJ Chambers are currently recruiting for a Top 20 Accountancy practcice and due to growth to growth are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant Manager to work within their flagship Esher office reporting directly to Partners. The position will be to assist the Client Manager with reviewing and finalising accounts preparations, management accounts and VAT returns as well as managing your own portfolio of clients.
As the largest and fastest growing region of the firm they are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join to the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
The firm specialises within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930’s with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
The Accounts Assistant Manager role is offering a highly competitive salary, progression within the company.
The Accounts Assistant Manager duties will be:
• Responsible for running a portfolio of clients. Overseeing bookkeeping, monthly management accounts and year end accounts preparation for various sectors. Deliver information to client in timely manner, with added value advice being provided.
• Management accounts -
o Organising and reviewing VAT returns
o Aged debtors & creditors analyses
o Budgeting and forecasting
o Trial balance, profit and loss, balance sheet
o Variance analysis
o Projects profit and loss analysis, and cash flow
• Accounts Production –
o Responsible for managing the following:-
o Year-end processing
o Preparation of the accounts for Companies House filing together with full accounts to directors including management information
o Managing the processing of CT600 and tax computation
o Consolidated accounts
• Taxation –
o Identifying personal tax planning and tax planning for companies in portfolio
o Linking with tax team to ensure tax returns are prepared in timely manner, and within timetable agreed with client
o P11D reporting
• Practice management –
o Time sheets reviews of staff working on porfolio
o Responsible for Work in progress and debt on portfolio, raising billings and keeping jobs to budget
o Billing and professional documents processing
• Experience of completing private company financial statements
• Experience in handling a portfolio of clients
• Leadership experience – managing and delegating work to juniors
• Understanding of corporation tax, VAT and personal tax at a compliance level
• Knowledge of law: UK GAAP, IFRS, company secretarial law and Companies Act 2006
• ACCA/ACA fully qualified
The Accounts Assistant Manager will have the below skills:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of following software is preferable Iris, MyWorkPapers , Sage 50, Xero and Microsoft Excel & Word
• Attention to detail
• Business entrepreneurship and commercial awareness
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
• Self- starter
If you are keen to secure a progressive Accounts Assistant Manager role within a unique top 20 accountancy firm, please contact Ben Bennett at AJ Chambers Recruitment.