- £36,000 - £40,000 Per Annum
AJ Chambers are currently recruiting for a Top 10 firm of chartered accountants based in Guildford.
The practice is seeking a talented Accounts Senior. The successful candidate should be able to operate well in a small team and will assist the Directors in enabling the company to grow through good accounting procedures.
In addition to a strong background in finance, the individual will have strong organisational skills, be flexible and have a strong eye for detail.
The successful candidate will be someone who has excellent customer service skills with a can do attitude, who is focused and ready to enjoy a challenge. They will have good interpersonal skills, flexibility and enthusiasm. It is essential that the individual be articulate, focused, and excellent at multi-tasking. They must be able to work under pressure and meet challenging deadline dates.
Purpose of role:
Accurate processing of client’s financial data and the preparation of management accounts and associated outputs there from within the timeframe agreed with the client or required by statute.
• Prepare and input client transactions into computerised ledger system.
• Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts for clients.
• Visiting client offices to undertake onsite accounting needs, as required from time to time.
• Attend to VAT Registrations.
• Prepare quarterly VAT/EC Sales list returns from financial information supplied by client.
• Preparation of annual financial statements, including statutory accounts, partnership accounts and sole trader accounts for tax purposes.
• Accuracy – to ensure transactions are processed correctly.
• Judgement - be able to assess a situation and reach a suitable conclusion based on the information available.
• Planning and organisation - needed throughout the process to ensure deadlines are met.
• Customer focus - develop relationships and gain confidence of client. Ability to attend to client queries and emails on a timely basis and have flexibility to work on-site at client’s premises.
• Use of IT – be able to work on bookkeeping packages and Excel.
• Teamwork – working as a team with other colleagues in the team.
• Flexibility – to assist with other ad hoc services that arise from time to time.
• Strong academic history.
• ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification
• Prior experience of computerised accounting packages.
• Ability to work independently but as part of a wider team.
• Results orientated to meet and exceed client expectations, with a key focus on delivering
If you are interested in applying for the Senior Accountant position, either apply directly or contact Ben Bennett at AJ Chambers.