- £33,000 - £45,000 Per Annum
AJ Chambers are recruiting for a well established Top 10 practice in Guildford, who require an Accounts Senior. The firm consist of 10 Partners and Directors and around 90 staff, the Guildford office draws on a wide variety of financial and business services to both corporate and private clients.
The firm provide a range of assurance and business services to a diverse client base ranging from small businesses and start-ups to substantial international groups. The portfolio of clients includes businesses with turnovers ranging from £5 million to £250 million. These include privately owned businesses in addition to companies listed on the London Stock Exchange, AIM and PLUSMarkets.
Purpose of role:
Accurate processing of client’s financial data and the preparation of management accounts and associated outputs there from within the timeframe agreed with the client or required by statute.
• Prepare and input client transactions into computerised ledger system.
• Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts for clients.
• Visiting client offices to undertake onsite accounting needs, as required from time to time.
• Attend to VAT Registrations.
• Prepare quarterly VAT/EC Sales list returns from financial information supplied by client.
• Preparation of annual financial statements, including statutory accounts, partnership accounts and sole trader accounts for tax purposes.
• Accuracy – to ensure transactions are processed correctly.
• Judgement - be able to assess a situation and reach a suitable conclusion based on the information available.
• Planning and organisation - needed throughout the process to ensure deadlines are met.
• Customer focus - develop relationships and gain confidence of client. Ability to attend to client queries and emails on a timely basis and have flexibility to work on-site at client’s premises.
• Use of IT – be able to work on bookkeeping packages and Excel.
• Teamwork – working as a team with other colleagues in the team.
• Flexibility – to assist with other ad hoc services that arise from time to time.
• Strong academic history.
• ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification
• Prior experience of computerised accounting packages.
• Ability to work independently but as part of a wider team.
• Results orientated to meet and exceed client expectations, with a key focus on delivering high quality work that consistently meets internal and/or external client deadlines.
• Understanding of new Accounting standards.
For more information on this Accounts Senior role, please either apply directly or contact Ben Bennett at AJ Chambers. If this role isn’t for you but you do possess many of the requirements then please do get in contact with us, as we may be able to offer a more suitable role.