- £50,000 - £65,000 Per Annum
AJ Chambers are currently working with a Top 100 Practice in Kettering who are looking for an Accounts & Tax Manager to join their team to Manage their Agriculture & Property Team.
Purpose of the Role
To manage a portfolio of clients and drive the delivery of accounting and tax planning solutions to these clients. Building relationships will allow you to effectively deliver projects and grow members of the team.
- To provide exceptional levels of service to clients on a wide variety of areas, on a cost effective & timely basis.
- Responding to client queries, and those from third parties (e.g. HMRC) in a timely manner.
- Seeking to gain experience/ progress role and those of other staff by seeking to take more advanced work from partners and delegating more routine work to others, thereby aiding cost-effectiveness and adding to interest/ training of all within the team.
- Developing knowledge of clients and their businesses as to become their point of contact on day-to-day matters.
- Reviewing accounts and tax returns prepared by more junior staff. Includes corporate and unincorporated clients.
- Assisting with the management of the Agriculture and Property Department to meet departmental objectives through planning. This includes completing staff appraisals, monitoring and effective delegation, utilising the skills and knowledge within the existing team and sourcing additional knowledge.
- Completing staff appraisal forms providing feedback (good and bad) and training as required.
- Seeking to identify business and tax planning opportunities, VAT issues, NIC issues, business planning points, etc as part of the review process. Drawing to attention of partners/ client as appropriate. Preparation of necessary reports/ computations etc, liaising with other professional advisers as required.
- Assisting partners with specific assignments- e.g. business planning, advisory and tax matters.
- Assisting partners in controlling WIP within the section by progressing work to completion/ billing point swiftly. Liaising with partners re WIP and raising bills/ assisting as required.
- Monitoring progress against deadlines and ensuring these are met- e.g. company reporting, P11d’s, tax returns, etc
- Ensuring work is planned and progressed in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner by liaising with Partners and supervising staff.
Critical Skills Required:
- Ability to review and complete accounts files quickly and efficiently
- Ability to review and complete personal tax returns quickly and efficiently
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong active listening skills
- Excellent problem resolution skills and ideas generation ability
- Strong marketing, networking and business development skills
- Pro-active management skills, resulting in high performance teams
Critical Knowledge Required:
- In depth knowledge of accounts preparation
- In depth taxation knowledge
- Solid MS Office products knowledge
Qualifications Required Essential:
- ACA or ACCA Qualification, Degree or equivalent experience
- Desirable: CTA or equivalent tax qualification
Experience Required Essential:
- Minimum of 3 years Accounts and Tax experience within a Practice environment
- Desirable: Experience at manager level within a Practice environment
- Strong presence
- Excellent communication skills
- Quickly builds rapport and trust
- Highly confidential
- Good networker
- Resilient and energetic
- Achiever and self-motivated
- Analytical – quick thinker
If you believe you are a suitable candidate for this Agriculture & Property Manager role, please apply directly or contact Harry Ellis at AJ Chambers. If you believe you possess many of the above qualities but do not wish to apply for this job, do get in touch to enable us to find you a more suited job role.