- £40,000 - £50,000 Per Annum
AJ Chambers are currently recruiting for one of the largest firms of chartered accountants, tax and business advisers in Guildford, Surrey. With over 60 highly skilled employees, including partners, they are a firm committed to delivering exceptional service to a wide range of clients in the UK and overseas.
We are actively recruiting a proactive Audit Senior who is passionate about making a difference to join their growing team.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to obtain audit experience across a variety of sectors
- Ensures successful completion of assigned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning and wrap up activities. Depending on assigned engagement, you will report to either the Audit Manager or Audit Partner.
- Manage and directs daily activities of more junior auditors assigned to assist the Audit Senior during an engagement.
- Applies risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identifies any potential issues. Communicates identified issues with Internal Audit senior management to ensure any concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts assigned audit engagements successfully from planning and execution through to completion as specified within the annual audit plan
- Identifies and communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk
- Leading on-site audit teams and completing jobs with minimal supervision to deadlines and within budget
- Supervises junior auditors assigned to engagements providing guidance and overall review of deliverables
- Ensures audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk.
- Develops audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives
- Obtains and reviews evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented
- Ensures adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards
- Building relationships with clients and related third parties.
- Communicates assigned tasks to engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate, and efficient results
- Organises personal effort along with those of junior auditors to be risk-based, productive, and efficient at all times
- Ensures adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments, in line with standard audit career progression – proactively seeks relevant education and training opportunities
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently; proactive in asking clarifying questions to ensure work effort is directed wholly toward desired outcome
- Ability to manage time and work to budgets and deadlines
- Ability to recognise when key theoretical concepts should be applied
- Solid understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts
- Ability to apply professional scepticism
- Strong understanding of the concepts applied to analytical review, tests of control, system walkthrough, test of detail, cut off procedures, proof in total testing
- Ability to prepare a clear and concise audit file
- Good awareness of other departments in the company with risk, control, and governance responsibilities and what is necessary for successful tactical collaboration and information sharing
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to identify sensitive issues and facilitate communications in a proactive manner to avoid surprises
- Willingness and ability to adapt to new circumstances, information, and challenges
- Executes effective and thorough application of all internal audit standards within assigned responsibility
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude
- Good understanding of UK GAAP and FRS102
- Good understanding of risk based approach to auditing small companies
- Qualification Essential:
- ACA/ACCA qualified or part-qualified
- Experience Preferred/Essential:
- Essential – A minimum of 5 years audit and accounts experience
- Essential – Proficient user of Microsoft office, specifically Microsoft excel
- Preferable – Experience of Mercia audit program structures and Caseware audit & accounts template
For more information on this Audit & Accounts vacancy, please either apply directly or contact Ben Bennett at AJ Chambers. If this role isn’t for you but you do possess many of the requirements then please do get in contact with us, as we may be able to offer a more suitable role.