- £45,000 - £50,000 Per Annum
Audit & Accounts Manager
I am currently recruiting for an established Accountancy Practice based in Harrow, who are looking for an ambitious Accounts & Audit Manager to join their firm.
You will be tasked with managing a team of 6 juniors/seniors who will report directly to you.
The ideal candidate will be ACA or ACCA qualified, with at least 18 months post-qualification experience.
The firm has an impressive client base that will be tasked with developing.
Job description and responsibilities:
- Review of accounts for sole, traders, partnerships, LLP and company accounts as well as income tax and corporation tax computations.
- Good technical skills in tax, audit and accounts
- Review of audits
- Managing and dealing with staff matters including:
- Supervision of staff on specific jobs
- Ensure that professional standards are maintained
- Ensure that all assignments are completed to a high standard before passing them on for partner review.
- Be self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines, and have excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Handle all aspects of running and delivering client personal, accounts and consultancy requirements and reporting to partners.
- Identify risk matters and selling opportunities,
- Liaise with practice manager on progress for all jobs and cross selling opportunities.
- Control cost budgets, meet reporting timetables and prepare key client reporting documents.
- Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm.
- Actively manage your self-development and continuing professional education.
- Attend CPD courses or other professional courses as required by the firm.
- Have a genuine interest in understanding your clients’ businesses with the drive to deliver exceptional client service.
- Ensure IRIS Practice Management is kept up to date in respect of all your assignments.
- Be able to work well both as part of a team and also unsupervised.
- Be prepared to travel when required.
The ideal candidate:
- ACA / ACCA Qualified with at least 12 months post qualification experience.
- Minimum 4 years Practice experience
- Excellent understanding of UK Auditing and Accounting standards
- Ability to supervise a team of staff
- Knowledge of IRIS, CCH Audit Automation, SAGE, VT Transaction, QuickBooks, Xero
- £45,000 - £50,000
- Healthcare scheme
- Profit share scheme
- Holiday and sick bonus scheme
- Tastecard membership
- Regular CPD courses for audit, accounts, tax and other specialist courses
- Free car park
- Dealing with UK & international tax matters.
- The ability to develop own portfolio of clients
- Partnership opportunity
If you would like to be considered then please apply with your CV or contact Ben Bennett at AJ Chambers.