- £45,000 - £50,000 Per Annum
Are you looking to do less Audit?
A rare opportunity has just become available; a Top 25 firm are currently recruiting for an Accounts & Audit Senior but this role will be 60% Accounts focused. You will have the opportunity to work with a varied client portfolio including healthcare, financial services and technology. This City of London firm offers excellent career prospects, including a clear progression pathway.
Audit & Accounts Requirements
- Ensure all hours worked on any client are recorded correctly, enabling a true reflection of the profitability of the job to be shown Allocate sections to junior staff and brief on what is expected of them, answer questions and produce review points.
- Monitor clearance of queries and ensure work is well presented and technically accurate Complete analysis of items for tax
- Calculate more complex areas for sets of accounts completed by junior members of staff (where appropriate) Prepare accounts from records and produce set of financial statements with a final pack for the client, to be reviewed by manager
- Produce a detailed audit planning memorandum, including details of any potential difficulties that may have been encountered during previous audits and ensure correct tests are applied to produce enough audit evidence, discuss with Partner/Director/Senior Manager/Manager
- Plan how testing work should be allocated amongst junior team members
- Monitor the progress of jobs, ensure that budgets are met, address any problems that are encountered to ensure that the audit is finished within budget and timeframe
- Check and supervise the work of more junior staff both on site and in office and complete any sections as necessary
- Sign off audit sections, address any problems and/or queries and complete the file before passing it on to the Partner/Director/Senior Manager/Manager for review
- ACA or ACCA, fully qualified with practice experience
- Excellent accounts preparation
- Competent planning and completion skills
- Computer experience - Excel, Word, Outlook. Ideally CaseWare and alphatax, Sage, Xero QBO or other bookkeeping software
- Previous experience of leading junior members of staff Good up-to-date technical
- knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Organised - ability to deal with a variety of tasks
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Team building and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage deadlines
If interested in hearing more about, this role please apply directly or contact Lauren Hunsdon at AJ Chambers