- £35,000 - £40,000 Per Annum
AJ Chambers are working with a well-established 30 partner, 100 staffed firm, who are looking for an Audit Senior to join their Northampton based office.
Audit Senior Roles and Responsibilities:
- To assume responsibility for the conduct of the audit and accountancy fieldwork in respect of specified clients.
- Liaising with the client’s accounting staff and ensuring that the fieldwork progresses in accordance with time/cost budgets. Ensuring managers are kept fully informed of the progress of the fieldwork.
- To assist in the development of training programmes for audit and accounting trainees.
- To assist in the development of audit staff through supervision on assignments.
- To gain exposure to the review process through occasional review of BSD assignments and detailed review of audit work where undertaking a supervisory role.
- To display and achieve the competencies set out in the attached schedule.
Planning and Control
- Inform managers and attend client’s premises, supervise/update permanent file, identify key areas/risks and review/prepare work programmes in accordance with the Firm’s manuals.
- Liaise with managers regarding audit and accountancy work to be carried out by the Firm.
- Arrange and attend planning meetings with partners/other staff.
- Liaise with managers to assist in planning staff allocations having regard to training requirements.
Fieldwork and Completion
- Supervise/carry out the completion in accordance with the Firm’s manuals and procedures.
- Supervise/complete the fieldwork according to the pre-determined timetable.
- Allocate, supervise and review the work of assistants.
- Give such on the job training as is necessary to ensure that the assistants understand and complete the work allocated to them.
- Ensure that all financial statements show a true and fair view and comply with legal and accounting requirements.
- Agree management letter points with the client.
- Review/complete the assignment, subject only to outstanding points which require partner attention.
- Arrange the preparation and reading over of final financial statements/accounts
- Arrange de-brief meetings with partners/managers/staff.
- Prepare computations and returns.
- Submit computations/returns to manager for review.
- Liaise with the managers regarding HMRC enquiries.
- Ensure all relevant information is passed to the personal tax department.
- Bring to the attention of the client the whole range of services offered by the Firm.
- Keep managers advised of important matters or developments relating to client affairs on a timely basis.
- To ensure correct movement of information between accounts and tax departments.
- To assist in the training of audit and tax department personnel as necessary.
- In conjunction with managers to assist in staff planning to ensure efficient staff utilization.
- To assist in special projects as requested by managers
- Confer with the staff partner to individual staff personal development.
- Personal effectiveness - Assertive, punctual, responsible, making decisions efficiently.
- Planning - Good with development plans, monitoring and managing improvements.
- Communication - Efficient with explanations, influencing, resolving, listening, and communication with clients.
- Team work - Team building, leadership of teams, encouraging team work, representing team reviews.
- Leadership - Providing guidance, motivating others, building trust and respect, delegation
- Managing people - Setting objectives, managing performance, providing feedback
- Technical Ability - Quality/clearance of review, Audit quality, knowledge of compliance with technical standards, relevance of points for partners.
- Marketing and Commerciality - Awareness of client needs and business, quality of management letters.
If you believe you are a suitable candidate for this Audit & Accounts Senior role, please apply directly or contact Harry Ellis at AJ Chambers. If you believe you possess many of the above qualities but do not wish to apply for this job, do get in touch to enable us to find you a more suited job role.