- £37,000 - £42,000 Per Annum
A leading independent firm in the heart of Cambridgeshire are seeking an experienced Audit and Accounts Senior to join their diverse firm.
Our client is well known for their committed, caring and conscientious approach placing a large emphasis on helping employees maintain a healthy work-life balance. This firm are well known for offering their employees flexible working hours to suit individual needs.
This is an incredible opportunity for a driven and technically strong Auditor to step up into a rewarding role which offers a high level of responsibility. The role will be largely audit focused with some accounts responsibilities with the opportunity to engage with a wide variety of clients. The split between audit and accounts is anticipated to be around 70/30. Ideally, you will be ACA/ACCA Qualified, or a Finalist, and have previous experience within a similar role.
- The completion of audit fieldwork/planned substantive and analytical audit procedures
- Ability to ensure that all statutory requirements are complied with, and up to date technical knowledge.
- Ability to ensure that client deadlines are met and to budget
- Preparation of tax computations for both income tax and corporation tax based on accounts prepared
- Preparation of client accounts including audit and non-audit clients
- Presenting the Accounts/Audit Manager with a complete set of accounts with minimal queries
- Supervising junior staff and assisting in training
- Drafting client letters
- Qualified ACA /ACCA or finalist
- At least 2 years’ recent experience in an accountancy practice
- Well-rounded knowledge of auditing standards and accounting principles
- Experience leading audits from planning stage to completion
- Experience with accounts software e.g. Iris, Sage, QuickBooks, Xero and CaseWare
- Accounts preparation experience gained in practice
For more information on this Audit and Accounts Senior role please either apply directly or contact Caitlan Warne at AJ Chambers. If this role isn’t for you but you do possess many of the requirements, please do get in contact with us as we may be able to offer a more suitable role.
Audit and Accounts Senior - Cambridgeshire