- £23,000 - £27,000 Per Annum
AJ Chambers are currently searching for a Bookkeeper to join a multi Partner Practice in Richmond. This opportunity would be a client facing position and will offer a dynamic working environment with the support of a friendly team.
Job role and responsibilities:
Working in our Richmond office, though some limited travel may be required depending upon client commitments.
Travel expenses paid in accordance with the firm’s travel policy.
Typical tasks required:
- Preparation of management accounts
- VAT returns and client development
- Able to form good relationships with clients and colleagues alike.
- Reporting to other members of the Accounts and Audit Team.
The ideal candidate:
- The Applicant should have at least two year’s General Practice experience gained in a small to medium sized firm.
- Must be competent in recording transactions for clients (sole traders, partnerships and companies) and dealing with VAT returns, and have the ability to deal with, or suggest solutions to problems. The interview process will consist of questions to establish the level of competency in bookkeeping and VAT.
- Previous experience with bookkeeping. Experience with management accounts will be a distinct advantage
- Ability to work closely with other members of the team.
- Good academic history, at least to O level or GCSE level: A level would be an advantage
- Exemplary team player with a positive, client focused attitude.
- Competent on computers and associated software. Working knowledge of at least two of the following:
o MS Office products, especially Excel, a strong advantage.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and communication skills, good spoken and written English are necessary conditions for an offer of employment.
- Working to high levels of accuracy within defined deadlines.
If you are interested in finding out more then please apply with your CV or contact Ben Bennett at AJ Chambers.