- £25,000 - £35,000 Per Annum
AJ Chambers are currently working on behalf of a Top 100 practice in the city of London who are seeking an experienced Bookkeeper / Management Accountant to join their team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Practice candidate to join a leading and highly reputable firm.
You will join a challenging, yet supportive environment filled with talented professionals to support you through your professional development.
Duties for this Bookkeeper / Management Accountant:
- Preparation of monthly or quarterly management accounts to client requirements
- Undertake bookkeeping for a variety of clients; inputting data and processing payments as required
- Maintain the sales, purchase and general ledgers for a variety of clients
- Posting month end journals
- Adhere to proper accounting standards
- Meet deadlines and time budgets
- Complete VAT returns for allocated clients
- Apply appropriate tax codes, liaising with client and HMRC as required
- Maintain a full and accurate audit trail by filing and referencing documents in a timely manner
- Liaise with other departments such as Payroll
- Travelling to and working from client site if required
To be considered for this Bookkeeper role, you will need:
- Previous experience gained within an accountancy practice and the ability to undertake both simple and more complex bookkeeping tasks
- The ability to prepare management accounts for companies and other entities and handle more complex accounting matters
- The ability to understand documents and data and write clear letters and emails
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Organised and methodical
- Client focused
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Experience of Sage, Xero and other accounting software
If you would like to be considered, please apply with your CV or contact Cody Palmer at AJ Chambers.