- £20,000 - £30,000 Per Annum
AJ Chambers are currently working alongside a Top 20 firm of chartered accountants, based in Ipswich, who are seeking a Corporate Tax Assistant.
Our client has recently expanded their client portfolio and as a result of doing so, is now seeking an additional team member, to join and assist in the rapidly growing corporate tax team.
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, they will help you reach your full potential. You’ll work on an impressive client list – from multinational and growth-focused entrepreneurs to fashion icons.
- You will have day to day responsibility for a portfolio of tax compliance clients, preparing complex tax computations and reviewing tax computations prepared by junior members of the team, whilst liaising and building relationships with the client, practicing the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- You will ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- You will identify and advise on tax planning opportunities and assist senior team members with specialist technical assignments as required.
- You will manage the assignment in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- You will ensure tax quality at all times by adhering to the firm’s quality standards.
- You will brief junior staff on the client’s business and the pre-assignment instructions, supervise and control the completion of work.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You will have an appropriate professional qualification, i.e. CTA, ACA or ACCA
- A self-starter who is keen to use their initiative, to learn and to support your colleagues
- You will have relevant experience of corporate tax compliance and advisory projects
- Previous practical experience of working within a Corporate Tax role is essential
- You should be a confident, self-motivated, well-organised individual with excellent communication skills and have a strong desire to pursue a career in corporate tax.
- Experience with managing a portfolio of compliance clients.
- Experience of identifying and advising on tax advisory projects, for example capital allowances, R&D, restructuring and due diligence.
- Experience of using specialist tax software systems.
If you feel you are suitable, please apply direct or contact Jess Dodman at AJ Chambers.
Corporate Tax Assistant – Ipswich