- £40,000 - £56,000 Per Annum
Tax Assistant Manager (Corporate Tax)
You will be a member of a growing corporation tax specialist team focusing on providing pro-active corporation tax services to a wide range of clients operating in a variety of industry sectors, including owner managed businesses. You will need to be client facing, show willingness to work as part of a team and be able to meet deadlines.
Essential Job Functions
Duties and responsibilities would include the following:
- Managing a portfolio of clients including both standalone companies and groups
- Reviewing computations prepared by other members of staff and taking responsibility for the timely delivery of a high quality service to clients
- Reviewing letters and computations prepared by other members of staff
- Liaising with HMRC on queries into tax returns
- Tax advisory with managers and partners to clients including:
o research and development tax relief
o structures – company, LLP, etc
o group tax planning
o international matters
o share schemes and valuations
o venture capital tax reliefs
o tax due diligence reports
- Completion of EMI and EIS/SEIS documentation
Work Based Competencies
- Has previously managed a client portfolio including groups.
- Will already had some involvement with providing advisory work.
- Good Microsoft skills, outlook, excel, word
- Alpha tax knowledge preferred
- Deliver work to a high standard and meet deadlines
- Able to demonstrate good client focused skills, ability to work unsupervised, work within a team, influence and negotiate.
- Excellent communication skills essential, being able to communicate with all levels externally and internally