- £65,000 - £75,000 Per Annum
AJ Chambers are pleased to be representing a specialised e-commerce business who focus on serving a number of niche markets. With trading entities across the UK, Australia, and the USA this company is looking for a Group Financial Controller to join their team in Southend and maintain the financial processes.
As Group Financial Controller, you will take ownership of the core group finance processes including financial reporting, consolidation, the audit process and working with the wider business on investment projects.
- Maintain the company’s financial and operation integrity across all trading entities [UK, USA, Australia & EU] – ensuring that an appropriate & robust financial control environment is in place
- Work closely with the CEO, CFO, Managing Director and Board to develop and execute company strategies and plans – from both a short- & long-term perspective
- Support the annual budget process, development of longer-term plans, and the production of trading & cash forecasts
- Together with the CFO, oversee the company’s cash & treasury position, including all global payment facilities. Analyse working capital requirements and the management of financing arrangements
- Day-to-day leadership of the Finance function – including developing, mentoring and supporting the finance team, ensuring that the function is able to provide robust & value added support to the wider business
- Proactive & thorough monitoring and analysis of the business, including the monthly review of costs with budget holders, the ongoing production and/or monitoring of KPIs, detailed review of margins, production and/or review of Flash reporting and other key information/data
- Review & sign-off where appropriate of pricing, stock orders, supplier T&C’s and legal documentation
- Manage the audit process, and work with the company’s auditors & advisors to manage the preparation of accurate annual statutory accounts [in the UK and overseas] and tax returns in all applicable territories
- Maintain professional relations with the company’s bankers & VCT partner, to ensure that the company is in full compliance with all covenants and obligations
- To assist with and/or lead any corporate transactional activity as & when required
- Fully qualified ACA/CIMA with thorough experience of leading and developing a finance function
- Technically competent, with experience of group reporting & consolidation, ideally multi-territory reporting, and VAT & compliance
- Extensive experience of being a key operator and influencer within a management team
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, the ability to develop strong relationships, and be a real team player
- Significant knowledge of commercial contracts, T&C’s and the legal environment
- Previous experience of operating within a retail business, a multi territory operation, or a high growth SME would be very beneficial
For more information on this Group Financial Controller position, please contact Andrew Hilliard at AJ Chambers.