- £45,000 - £65,000 Per Annum
AJ Chambers are recruiting for a CTA qualified Mixed Tax professional for a Top 40 Firm to work in their Grantham office. Experience in both Personal and Corporate Tax would be ideal, but training can be provided for the right candidate.
The Tax Manager will be responsible for assisting Partners/Directors in the smooth running of their groups and for ensuring that technical work is carried out in accordance with the firm's standards and procedures. You will be also be responsible for managing the provision of personal tax and corporate tax compliance services to the firms varied client base along with significant involvement in delivering on wide ranging tax planning and advisory projects.
You will be offered the opportunity to carve a key managerial role in the business, developing long term relationships with your clients, adding value to clients and the firm, with excellent prospects for longer term progression, for those seeking a career path and route to partner/director level.
The Personal side of the role involves managing a portfolio of personal tax and trust clients, comprising of landlords, non-doms, HNWIs and trusts. On the Corporation side, the work will largely involve R&D Tax Credits, clearances, M&A Projects, Capital Allowance Claims and business restructuring. This role will also give you the opportunity to pitch for new business and get closely involved with the marketing of the department.
The more junior members of the team will report to the manager, and the manager will be responsible for reviewing the work and developing the team, together with the manager peer group. This is a challenging and interesting role which provides a good range of work, for someone with a solid tax background wishing to build on their experience and help manage a successful and growing tax team.
- CTA/ATT qualified
- Experience of corporate and private client tax planning and advisory services
- Technically capable - able to undertake relevant research and deliver advisory work as well as tax compliance for clients
- Ability to prioritise and supervise and develop staff
- Experience with Digita and CCH would be ideal.
- Full driver’s license and willingness to travel to other office locations/client premises
- Flexible working - opportunity to work from home occasionally
- Private Health Cover
- Study support if required to complete studies
- Payment of subscription fees
- Childcare Voucher scheme
- Voluntary Healthcare scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
- Commission scheme for client referral/introducing new clients and staff
For more information on this Mixed Tax Manager role please either apply directly or contact Caitlan Warne at AJ Chambers. If this role isn’t for you but you do possess many of the requirements, please do get in contact with us as we may be able to offer a more suitable role.
Mixed Tax Manager - Grantham