- £20,000 - £30,000 Per Annum
AJ Chambers are representing a leading independent firm of chartered accountants who are looking for a motivated individual to join their award-winning tax team in Central London. The ideal candidate will have at least 1 years experience within an accountancy practice.
As the Personal Tax Assistant, you will take on a portfolio of around 250 personal tax clients which include a wide variety of sole traders, HNWIs, actors, fund managers, bankers, hotel executives and both UK resident and non-UK resident landlords.
Day-to-day duties include:
- Looking after the day to day running of a mixed portfolio of clients
- Providing timely and accurate delivery of tax services
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships
- Liaising with clients and HMRC
- Resolving client concerns and queries
- Providing basic advice where possible and assisting senior staff with more technical compliance and advice services
- Assisting with general private client issues and suggesting tax planning opportunities
- At least a years’ experience working within an accountancy practice
- ATT qualified or at the latter stages of the qualification desirable. Candidates not studying ATT but who are keen to study will also be considered. Study will be supported
- Enthusiasm to learn more complex and technical areas of private client tax
- Competence with CCH (desirable) and general IT proficiency including MS Office
- Able to work well under pressure and prioritise workload
- Proactive, keen to progress career within tax
For more information on this Personal Tax Assistant role, please contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers.