- £45,000 - £50,000 Per Annum
Tax Supervisor (Private Client Department)
The Private Client department comprises 30 specialist staff and is headed by 6 Partners and 2 Principals. The department deals with private clients and trusts.
The role and responsibilities of the Tax Supervisor will be to look after the day to day running of a portfolio of clients, and assist with advisory work deriving from that portfolio. They will be expected to support on ad-hoc projects and advice as necessary.
They will report to established Managers, Principals and directly to the Partners.
The portfolio of clients will include a mix of high profile individuals, professional persons, partnerships, entrepreneurs, and a burgeoning portfolio of non-UK domiciled clients.
The Department seeks a motivated and ambitious individual, ideally with some experience dealing with high net worth individuals and non-UK domiciled clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare tax returns for review by the Partner
- Reviewing tax returns from more junior personnel
- Interface between clients and partners
- Assist with the training and supervision of more junior members of staff
- Assist with the general private client issues and suggest tax planning opportunities for clients within their portfolio
- Communication and correspondence with HMRC
- Communication with and answering queries from clients
The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 4 years’ personal tax experience preferably within a practice environment
- Accurate work, displaying initiative with minimal supervision
- A proactive attitude
- Successful work as a team member
- An ability to work under pressure and to be able to prioritise
- Good general knowledge of income tax, capital allowances, employment taxes, capital gains tax and benefits, and non-doms.
- A good knowledge of capital gains tax, treatment of foreign income, capital allowances, tax credits, and inheritance tax
The successful candidate should ideally be CTA qualified. We would also prefer the successful candidate to have some working knowledge of Digita software, although training will be provided if not.
The Tax Department use the full suite of Digita Tax software, MS Office, and MS Outlook.
- Group Life Cover
- 22 days holiday on commencement
- PHI (Permanent Health Insurance)
- Non-Contributory Health Cash Plan
- Buying and Selling Holiday Scheme
- Contributory Private Health Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan (after qualifying period)
- Pension Scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Paid overtime scheme
- Cycle voucher scheme