- £55,000 - £65,000 Per Annum
AJ Chambers are currently representing an R&D Tax Manager to Join a Top 100 Firm’s London Office
Despite changes to businesses worldwide from COVID-19, this is still an active role.
Interviews are to be hosted via video call, and it is possible to still be offered without a face to face meeting.
You will be part of one of the firms most profitable teams, which means there is a lot of scope for both you and the firm to grow.
You will work closely with the partner but will also be trusted to work with a healthy degree of autonomy.
If you have strong business development skills, you will be rewarded with commissions on bringing in new clients to the firm.
As an R&D Tax Manager, you will be responsible for providing specialist advice to clients on R&D tax reliefs, including the technical, tax and financial aspects of the relief schemes. A key aspect of the role will be the management and preparation of written reports supporting claims for R&D tax reliefs.
R&D Tax Manager duties will include:
- Meeting with clients/targets at all stages of the sales and production process in order to discuss R&D reliefs. This is likely to include both finance and senior technical contacts
- Contacting and liaising directly with HM Revenue and Customs on behalf of clients to discuss and obtain agreement of the claims, including attending meetings, telephone calls and drafting written correspondence
- Interviewing in-house technical staff in order to gain an understanding of their activities so as to permit an assessment to be made as to whether the activity is eligible R&D for the purposes of the reliefs being sought
- Working with the relevant client contacts to gather detailed financial, HR and any other data to facilitate the calculation of the relief, including where necessary designing methodologies for quantifying the eligible R&D expenditure
- Preparing and reviewing structured reports in support of the claims made, including descriptions of the R&D projects identified and setting out why the projects are considered eligible for relief
Preferred requirements for R&D Tax Manager:
- Science or Engineering Postgraduate Degree
- Proven experience of working independently on R&D tax relief claims for both small and large companies
- Excellent knowledge of UK R&D tax relief schemes and claim quantification
- Proven experience of managing several projects simultaneously, and experience working within a business unit with internal and external clients
For more information on this R&D Tax Manager role, please apply directly or contact Tom Sharland-Harris at AJ Chambers