- £27,000 - £35,000 Per Annum
An excellent opportunity to join a highly reputable Accountancy Practice based in Colchester, Essex.
Founded almost 40 years ago, our Client provides a modern approach to the profession, boasting an extremely high staff retention rate with a vibrant and dynamic working environment. The successful candidate with be joining a well-respected firm with a strong, professional work force and a varied local and national client base.
The Client offers a broad range of services including Accountancy, Audit, Taxation and specialist Payroll Services. They also provide their Clients with advice on how to improve and develop their businesses, covering sectors such as Professional Services, Service Sector, Construction Industry, Charities, Manufacturers, Retailers and many more. Other specialist areas include Business Strategy, Corporate Finance and individual and company Tax advice.
Our Client is looking for a Semi-Senior or Senior Accountant to join their team and are offering a competitive remuneration and study package, plus a clear progression path within the firm.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparation of accounts (Sole Traders, Partnership and Limited companies).
- Review of accounts work done by more junior colleagues, prior to being reviewed by partners.
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly management accounts with supporting schedules and reconciliations.
- Preparation of corporation tax computations/CT600 and clearing any tax queries raised by tax specialists.
- Preparation of Self-Assessment personal tax returns to completion.
- Bookkeeping and VAT returns for Clients.
- Developing strong Client relationships.
- Liaising frequently with Clients and being their initial point of contact.
- Liaising regularly with HMRC on behalf of Clients.
- Keeping up to date with changes in accounting standards.
The role will ideally suit an Accountant part way through their ACCA/ACA exams, someone newly qualified or a stop studier with a minimum of three years relevant experience.
Strong computer skills required including Iris, Xero, Sage and QuickBooks, plus relevant Microsoft Packages.
For further information on this role, please apply direct or contact Darren Buckley at AJ Chambers