- £38,000 - £42,000 Per Annum
AJ Chambers are currently recruiting for a leading independent firm of chartered accountants based in Uxbridge.
The growing practice is seeking a talented Accounts Senior. The successful candidate should be able to operate well in a small team and will assist the Directors in enabling the company to grow through good accounting procedures.
The firm expect to grow substantially over the next few years so this is a position with real opportunity. In addition to a strong background in finance, the individual will have strong organisational skills, be flexible and have a strong eye for detail.
The successful candidate will be someone who has excellent customer service skills with a can do attitude, who is focused and ready to enjoy a challenge. They will have good interpersonal skills, flexibility and enthusiasm. It is essential that the individual be articulate, focused, and excellent at multi-tasking. They must be able to work under pressure and meet challenging deadline dates.
- Managing a small team of staff while overseeing all aspects of book-keeping (bank reconciliations, VAT returns, maintaining ledger accounts) to TB level in Sage 50, SageOne & Xero
- Completing final Accounts for HMRC/Companies House as well as client personal tax returns
- Overseeing CIS returns and payroll
- Assisting in any ad-hoc task as and when required
- Sage 50 Accounts – advantageous
- Sage 50 Payroll – advantageous
- Xero - advantageous
- Strong Excel skills – essential
- Previous experience in a similar position – essential
- Previous experience working in a Public Practice environment – advantageous
- Excellent organisational skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines, self-motivated with a can do attitude – essential
- ACA or ACCA Qualified
If you are interested in applying for the Senior Accountant position, either apply directly or contact Ben Bennett at AJ Chambers.