- £32,000 - £40,000 Per Annum
AJ Chambers are currently seeking a Senior Accountant on behalf of a leading accountancy practice based in Harrow.
In this role, your main responsibility will be to manage an existing portfolio of owner managed businesses, preparing and reviewing statutory accounts, ensuring technical standards are high at all times.
The position is much more than just compliance work and will involve all aspects of client and team management.
- Preparation of accounts for Limited companies, partnerships and some sole traders
- Preparation of accounts from client’s records
- Preparation of accounts from book keeping records
- Preparation of final statutory accounts using IRIS Software
- Review accounts prepared by junior members of the team, as well as provide guidance Tax
- Prepare personal tax returns
- Review VAT returns prepared by junior members of the team
- Prepare VAT returns if necessary
- Prepare corporation tax computations and returns
- Prepare P11ds General
- Occasional advisory work – business plans, profit and cash flow forecasts
- Deal with correspondence from clients and HMRC
- Review work of juniors, assist in resolving technical queries
- Assist junior staff members in moving clients to cloud based accounting software such as xero and sage one
- ACA/ACCA Qualified or close to qualifying
- Substantial accounts experience gained in Practice
- Exemplary communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and comfortable with deadlines
- Experience with accounts software e.g. Sage, Xero, QuickBooks
If you feel you would be suitable, please apply direct or contact Ben Bennett at AJ Chambers.