- £35,000 - £40,000 Per Annum
AJ Chambers are currently seeking a Qualified Senior Accountant on behalf of a Top 50 Firm based in St Albans
Our client is seeking a highly technical and experienced newly qualified accountant to step up into a exceedingly rewarding role. This is an excellent opportunity for a successful candidate to work for a supportive firm in a friendly and sociable environment. The successful candidate must be comfortable in working in all areas of accounts as this role consists of roughly a 40% Audit, 40% Accounts and 20% Bookkeeping/VAT.
This practice is continually looking for ways to move forward and are one of the best environments in the country for their continuous development alongside a committed and caring approach with a large emphasis being placed on employees maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- Supervision and preparation of accounts of companies, partnerships and LLP’s
- Leading audits of owner-managed businesses, SMEs and UK subsidiaries of large multinational groups
- Preparation of tax computations and corporate tax returns
- Working alongside managers in assisting the supervision and support of junior team members
- Attending client gathering or client seminars on an ad-hoc basis
- Be the main point of contact and face of the company for clients within the portfolio, nurturing relationships and maintaining a high-level of quality at all times
- ACA/ACCA Qualified or awaiting results
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in Public Practice Accountancy
- Must have completed two audits in the last year with a turnover of £25m+
- Experience with accounts software e.g. Sage, Xero, QuickBooks
- Knowledge of the areas mentioned in duties, however support will be provided if some experience is lacking
- Able to work in a fast-moving environment to tight deadlines
- Good communication skills, both internally and externally
For more information on this Senior Accountant role, please either apply directly or contact Caitlan Warne at AJ Chambers. If this role isn’t for you, but you do possess many of the requirements, please do get in contact with us as we may be able to offer a more suitable role.
Senior Accountant – St Albans