In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have implemented this privacy notice to inform you, our candidates, of the types of data we process about you. We also include within this notice the reasons for processing your data, the lawful basis that permits us to process it, how long we keep your data for and your rights regarding your data..
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
You may provide us with several pieces of data directly during the registration period and subsequently during the recruitment process.
In some cases we will collect information about you from third parties such as job boards (e.g – Reed, City Jobs, etc.) or social media platforms such as LinkedIn.
Specifically we hold the following types of data;
- Personal details such as name, address, phone numbers & email address;
- This may also include sensitive information such as salary, gender & nationality;
- Information gathered via the registration process such as that entered onto a CV or a CV cover letter;
- References from previous employers;
- Right to work documentation;
- Details of your education & employment history.
This information is used by us to:
- Provide our recruitment services to you, whether you are a client, candidate or a user of our website;
- Enable you to submit your CV generally, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our Job Alerts;
- Provide information on suitable job opportunities to people who register with us, to match your profile with suitable job vacancies and to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you
- Answer your enquiry;
- Provide other services related to or supplementary to the above; market products and services directly to you to your professional or business email address.
Where we have your consent, we will also use your information to:
- Send your personal information to clients in order to apply for jobs;
- Market products and services directly to your personal email address.
We process data using secure cloud applications which enable your information to be accessed for the purposes of analytics, development and testing, and to provide recruitment services where you have expressed an interest
Within the scope of the purposes outlined above, we may outsource collected personal information to outside contractors/third parties. If we do so, we will take contractual measures to ensure that they process your data in a manner consistent with this Policy. For those companies who operate in countries which do not offer a level of data protection equivalent to the high standards that exist in Europe, we take contractual steps to ensure that the same high standards apply.
Lawful Basis for Processing
The law on data protection allows us to process your data for certain reasons only. In the main, we process your data in order to effectively manage the recruitment process.
The below categorises the types of data processing we undertake, and the lawful basis we rely on to do so.
|Activity requiring your data||Lawful basis|
|Provide our recruitment services to you as a candidate or a client||Consent|
|Provide information on suitable job opportunities to people who register with us, and to match your profile with suitable job vacancies to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you||Legitimate Interests|
|Sending your personal information to clients in order to apply for jobs||Consent|
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data which we hold on you:
- The right to be informed about the data we hold on you and what we do with it;
- The right of access to the data we hold on you;
- The right for any inaccuracies in the data we hold on you, however they come to light, to be corrected and rectified;
- The right to have data deleted in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict the processing of the data we hold on you;
- The right to transfer the data we hold on you to another party, also known as ‘portability’;
- The right to object to the inclusion of any information;
- The right to regulate any automated decision-making or profiling of personal data.
Where you have provided consent to our use of your data, you also have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, which means that we will stop processing your data.
Protecting Your Data
We are aware of the requirement to ensure that your data is protected against accidental loss or disclosure, destruction or abuse. We have implemented processes to guard against such.
Automated Decision Making
No decision will be made about you based solely on an automatic decision-making process, and will always include human involvement should that decision have any significant impact on you.
We will retain your data indefinitely or until instructed otherwise in order to allow us to continue providing an effective and efficient recruitment service. Until such time that you wish to exercise your right to restrict our processing of your data we will continue to do so under the lawful basis of our legitimate interest to provide you with information on relevant opportunities, updates and industry news.
Our Third Party Data Providers
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf.
Changes to Our Policy
Our appointed compliance officer in respect of our data protection activities is;
Kelly Copeland – Office Manager
AJ Chambers Recruitment